Welcome to the inaugural episode of Business Exit Success! This podcast is dedicated to empowering and educating small business owners on how to transition out of their business successfully, while doing so on their terms and living a life of purpose and fulfillment after the sale. Join your host, Tom Poltersdorf, CFP, every other week as he provides actionable strategies on what you can do right now in your business and personal life to get you prepared for a successful exit.
In this episode, Tom will be sharing a little about himself to help you understand what this show will be about and what you can expect moving forward. Listen in to learn the emotional struggle that owners go through as they approach the sale (and after the sale), the importance of having a plan in place for after the sale of your business, and more.
Listen to the full episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- How Tom became a certified Business Exit planner.
- What you can expect in this podcast moving forward.
- The emotional struggle owners go through as they approach the sale.
- What often happens after signing off on their business.
- Why so many business owners regret the sale of their business after the fact.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “In my experience, moving forward with selling your business to start that next chapter in your life will be one of the most emotional experiences you will go through in your life.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- "75% of business owners who sell their business regret it within the first year because they didn’t plan well for life after the sale.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- "Exit planning is simply good business strategy.” - Tom Poltersdorf
Share The Love:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …