When it comes to implementing a business exit strategy, one of the most important things to do is to assemble a team to help you through the process. Some team members you will be working with before, during and after the process—and then some team members will come in strategically for one assignment only. So, who should you have on your team? And how do you decide who should fill these roles? These are just a couple of the questions that Tom will answer in this episode.
Listen in as Tom shares the importance of having a forward-looking CPA and how a business attorney can help you simplify all the paperwork associated with exiting your business. You will learn how to find the right CFP for you, what a CEPA is and why you need to have one for your exit.
Listen to the full episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of having a team to help you through your business exit.
- Who should be on your team for your business exit plan.
- Why finding a forward-looking CPA is key.
- How to find a razor sharp business attorney.
- Why CFPs are not allowed to sell you any product.
- How to find the right CFP for you.
- What a CEPA is and why you need one.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “You should have access to and be working with a CPA, an attorney, a CFP and a CEPA.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “Think of your attorney as your protector.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “Not all CFPs are created equally.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor
- The CFP Certification Process
- Find a CEPA Exit Planning Institute Directory
- What is a Fiduciary?
Share The Love:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …
WANT MORE BUSINESS PLANNING TIPS?
Subscribe to the Business Exit Success Newsletter.
As a thank you, you'll receive a copy of The Freedom Point: A Financial Planning Guide for Business Owners.