Where is the majority of the value of your company within your business? Surprisingly, 80% of your business value lies within four intangible capitals. Intangible capitals have nothing to do with your financial situation - so what does this mean for the value of your company? In this episode, Tom will be sharing what these four key areas are, why they’re so important and what you can do moving forward to help improve them.
Listen in as Tom explains how focusing on these four types of capital can actually increase your company’s value significantly and the important role people play in the value of your business. You will learn how to improve employee loyalty, how to make your business run more efficiently and the benefit of having SOPs for your business.
Listen to the full episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- Where the majority of the value of your company is.
- What actually makes your company sell-able.
- Why having a profitable business isn’t the only thing you need to think about.
- What the four types of capital are.
- The importance of treating your customers and employees well.
- How to bring top talent into your company.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Just because you are a profitable business does not mean you are a sell-able business.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “Human Capital is arguably the most important to a business.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “If you’re the owner of a business, your knowledge and skills needs to be documented and transferable.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Ep #004: Maximizing the Value of Your Business
- Owner Readiness Assessment
Share The Love:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …