Ep #010: The Art of Delegating
How would you rate your ability to delegate? A business owner who masters delegation is essential to ensure everyone can take action whilst understanding exactly what it is they need to be doing. Through developing the skill of delegation, you will be less tied down to your business, you will have more freedom, and your team will be a lot more clear on their responsibilities. In this episode, Tom will be sharing four tactical ways you can get better at delegating to your team, so that your business runs smoother and more efficiently.
Listen in as he shares the importance of setting clear expectations with your team so that no one is left confused about what they are supposed to be doing. You will learn the benefit of having SOPs in place for every task, how to encourage your team members to come up with solutions on their own, and how to make your business more valuable.
Listen to the full episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- How to get better at delegating.
- How to have more freedom in your life.
- The importance of encouraging your team to make decisions by themselves.
- How to be less tied down to your business.
- The importance of setting clear expectations with your team.
- The benefit of having SOPs in place for every task.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “If you find yourself constantly disappointed by the people on your team, the problem may be less about them and more about your ability to delegate effectively.”- Tom Poltersdorf
- “Set expectations with your team members that when they have a problem, they need to resist the urge to put their problem into your lap.”- Tom Poltersdorf
- “The more decisions you get off of your plate, the less decisions have to flow through you as the owner.”- Tom Poltersdorf
Share The Love:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music or by RSS!
WANT MORE BUSINESS PLANNING TIPS?
Subscribe to the Business Exit Success Newsletter.
As a thank you, you'll receive a copy of The Freedom Point: A Financial Planning Guide for Business Owners.
👉 Click here to subscribe and grab your free guide.