Preparing yourself is the first step to successfully transitioning out of your business. Of course, it is essential to prepare your business for sale, but it is also crucial to make sure you’re ready to enter this next phase of life. If you are a business owner and you’re thinking about selling your business, planning for life after business can motivate you to turn your vision into reality. So, in this episode, Tom will give you three questions to ask yourself to ensure your values are aligned with your exit strategy and long-term plans.
Listen in as Tom explains why planning for life after exiting your business is so important, as well as how this can ensure you don’t end up running back to work after a year of being retired. You will learn how to make sure you are prioritizing what matters most to you, how to design your life to accommodate your goals, and the importance of identifying your values.
Listen to the full episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- Why planning for life after business is essential for a successful business exit.
- Three questions to ask yourself in order to know if you're ready to exit your business.
- How to design your life to be something you’re happy with.
- What you should consider before exiting your business.
- How to ensure you’re prioritizing what matters most.
- How to align your values and financial plan.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Design your life.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “Prioritize what matters most to you in your life.” - Tom Poltersdorf
- “Once your values have been identified, you can then align your time, money and attention to bring those values to life.” - Tom Poltersdorf
Share The Love:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …
WANT MORE BUSINESS PLANNING TIPS?
Subscribe to the Business Exit Success Newsletter.
As a thank you, you'll receive a copy of The Freedom Point: A Financial Planning Guide for Business Owners.