What do you do when you receive an "out of the blue" email from an acquirer interested in learning more about your business for a potential acquisition?
This is what we are diving into today. We will discuss:
- How do you respond?
- Should you take an initial phone call?
- If you set up a call, what should you expect?
- What questions will you receive and what should you ask?
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
Questions to ask an interested buyer:
- "I noticed your past clients are mainly within "this type of industry" while we are in a completely different industry. What potential do you see in my business post-acquisition?"
- "What’s your investment criteria or your search profile when looking at businesses to acquire?"
- "What about my business makes it an interesting acquisition?"
- "What would be your goals / objectives in acquiring my business?"
SHARE THE LOVE:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …
WANT MORE BUSINESS PLANNING TIPS?
Subscribe to the Business Exit Success Newsletter.
As a thank you, you'll receive a copy of The Freedom Point: A Financial Planning Guide for Business Owners.