In this episode, I interview Marcia Barnes, a serial entrepreneur who grew a company from $2 million to over $400 million in revenue. She is now the Founder and CEO of Valve+Meter Performance Marketing transforming home service businesses through profitable marketing programs. Her goal at Valve+Meter is to 10x the value of 100 businesses by helping them find new customers to grow their business.
She has bought over $500 million of direct-response marketing with more than 80% of them failing. Over the years she has learned you don't grow a business by buying marketing. You grow a business by testing, measuring, learning, and scaling successful tests.
- Getting permission to lead from your team to get transformational results in a business.
- Why marketing today is broken.
- When to outsource your marketing vs building an in-house team.
- The importance of responding to lead times from prospective customer inquiries and actual statistics on how bad companies are doing this.
- What marketing metrics should you start tracking?
Listen to the episode:
Marcia's website: Valve+Meter
watch on youtube:
SHARE THE LOVE:
If you like the Business Exit Success podcast …
WANT MORE BUSINESS PLANNING TIPS?
Subscribe to the Business Exit Success Newsletter.
As a thank you, you'll receive a copy of The Freedom Point: A Financial Planning Guide for Business Owners.